Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One Month Chinaversary

I have been here for ONE WHOLE MONTH...and I've made it! I had lunch today with 2 of my new Chinese friends and as I sat there chatting with them, I felt blown away. So much has happened in one month! Thanks to all for your Thoughts and sweet messages to me over the past month. The Support from home has given me strength and joy in this first month. I can only praise Father for getting to be here, to see him work and to live this life!

Here are some pics of my new world.

My apartment building--good ol' number 19.
View from my bedroom window--the red-tiled roof is a kindergarten.

View to the right.Street from my apt to the main road through campus.
Some Scenes from around Campus:
Notice that all the girls use umbrellas on hot days to shade their fair skin from the sun.
Alot of girls hitch rides on bikes like this

Not sure the story of this, but so far I know it's the remnant of Cultural Rev. destructionA study park on campus
Close-up of above park
Our front gate
Right outside of the front gate--the market is down this street





Hanging out with the twins, Kunduz, Yultuz, Ramilah, Fawn, and Sarah

The freshman all spend the first weeks of school in prep for the army.
Answering Dyl and Nikki's question: McD's has the 6 yuan menu-which ALMOST equals a dollar
This pic didn't turn out--but it's green pea pie!

5 comments:

zamy said...

YAY!! We got a new post AND pictures!
I just love reading your blog, it is definitely a highlight of my day.

Love and miss you girl,
~Amy

Sunny said...

Cool! Love the pictures! Been thinking about you a lot and hoping that things continue to go well for you! Lots of love!

shelley said...

Thanks so much for the great pictures. It makes me miss China all over again. We love following your blog. My 11 yr old wants to spend a yr in China now. I think I will wait until she is a little older to discuss it.

shelley

FranP said...

I like pie!

Jason said...

Me too, but not pea pie!