Saturday, December 1, 2007

Yangshuo Imagery

Fawn and I in Yangshuo

The main shopping street, Xi Jie

Fawn "on top of the world"

Where's Waldo, Lucy Style
The view of the city from the top of one of the peaks


A place of my very own

Biking through the countryside

Moon Hill, where our "King Richard" (nixon) visited

"If Nixon can climb it, so can we!"

And the moon went with us

On the VERY TOP of Moon Hill--as in, above the moon.

Triumphant



OH YES WE DID!

Fawn got the chinese symbol for "small deer" or uhhh...."fawn"

This is "guan" the Chinese symbol for Light--"Lucy" means "bringer of Light" and given my purpose here, I thought it was appropriate

Yangshuo night life

Takin it to them, American style

Well....I tried


On our boat cruise of the Yu Long River

Lazy afternoons along the river


The scene from the back of the 20 Yuan bill, in person





For EVEN MORE photos--see my photo album here:
http://lipscomb.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024977&l=48270&id=147800610

4 comments:

zamy said...

Oh my goodness!! Where to begin!?!

Okay, first of all I officially want to hop a plane and meet you over in China now!
All of your photos are absolutely perfect! I love the 'night life' photo, the distortion effect is totally awesome.

Let's see now, as for the 'Symbol of light' HOW AWESOME!! Perfect memory for your trip and very appropriate for you. Also excellent place to put it!!

I love you girl and take care.

Let me know when your package arrives.

~Amy

Psyclist said...

Great story and great photos. If you want you can bring your story to many other people who read the www.yangshuo-travel-guide.com

Feel free to submit your story and photos.

Peter

FranP said...

What every mother wants to see - her daughter being tattooed! Loved all the other photos.

mom

Jason said...

That's awesome! Keep the pics comin'.

And I wondered what Mom would think about the tat pix!