Monday, March 3, 2008

The Best of Backpacking SE Asia--a quick view

Here's a look at the best of my photos from my Winter Break trip--more will follow eventually--I haven't yet met with my travel mates to exchange our photos. Hope you enjoy!!!


VIETNAM

One of our many methods of transport on our trip--a modern day rickshaw

The prison museum in Hanoi--once called the Hanoi Hilton

Pic of Sen. John McCain as a POW being treated in the Hanoi Hilton

Lake view in the Old Quarter of Hanoi

Delicious Vietnamese coffee!!!

Old city of HoiAn

MORE delicious Vietnamese coffee!

Some of our favorite beach vendors in Nha Trang--the one on the left is smoking lobster, on the right sells fresh fruit..."Heeeeyyy...is it meee you're lookin for?"

Vietnamese beach vendor

Relaxing in style--on the beach in NhaTrang

A glimpse of hours upon hours on the buses

Notre Dame Cathedral in the heart of Saigon

View of Saigon (Ho Chi Menh City) from our hostel window


CAMBODIA--TEMPLES OF ANGKOR

Entrance to the Angkor Thom Temple complex

Views in Banyon Temple--each tower has a face "facing" north, east, south and west

Do we look alike??


Ta Prohm--the "jungle temple" where trees have taken over...also where Tomb Raider was filmed

View of Angkor Wat from atop another temple in the complex
All of us in front of Angkor Wat (Jen, me, Justin and Rachel)

Inside Angkor Wat

Yeah....that's a Buddhist monk checking his cell

I totally posed it up for this one

This one too...I'm pathetic

That's me at the bottom...posing.

THAILAND
Railay Beach (south of Phuket)

Our Beach


Ahhh...Paradise


Monkeys playing in trees by the beach

Our buggy bungalow set against the cliffs

View inside of our bungalow

HONG KONG
Whata city

Incense coils hanging in the Man Mo Temple

1 comment:

Adrienne Ewing said...

Wonderful pictures!! I miss you so much. Are you reading middlesex? How is that? I've been thinking about reading it. love you!!