Saturday, August 23, 2008

Not quite catching up

Well...my two months of American summer have dwindled down and are nearly over. I am scheduled to return to China this Monday, August 25. And I am not ready at all.

I know that I WANT and NEED to be in China for at least another year--but it's hard to leave everything here. This is the hard part of the life that I lead now.

To make matters a bit worse--last weekend my lower left jaw began to ache. I was traveling so I just picked up some Listerine at a gas station and rinsed a few times a day--but it kept getting worse. Once I got back to my hometown I rushed first thing to the dentist--thanking my Father that we have an oral surgeon in our Family at Northeast! He confirmed that I'd have to have a wisdom tooth removed asap.

So yesterday I had the oral surgery to take out one wisdom tooth. Now we're playing the waiting/recovery game--hoping that a dry socket or infection doesn't set in to delay my return to China. 

I feel soooo blessed that this all happened BEFORE i was back in China and when I could have a trusted Family member to help me--and my mom and Tim and friends around to baby me as I recover! 

I'm feeling fine so far and just taking it easy and enjoying the pain meds--and I think that everything will work out fine--but please Lift me up to Father that my gums will recover quickly and that I can mentally prepare for China again! 

I'll update with pics and summaries of the wonderful summer when I can! Then it's off to China for Round Two!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

We wish you the best on your travel back to China! I am also glad that you were here in the States to get your wisdom tooth out. I hope that you are feeling better now!