Friday, January 16, 2009

It's TIME to return!!!


The time has finally arrived for our trek once more into Southeast Asia. Last year I spent 35 adventure-filled days working my way through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, before flying back to China and catching some time in Hong Kong at the end of the journey. This year, we're beginning in the south and working our way back up to China. We'll start in Kuala Lumpur and explore Malaysia with a side trip into Singapore for a while and then begin the journey north with pit stops in the paradise islands of Thailand for some sun and then find our way into the jungles/rainforests of Laos. When we finally return to China, we'll be in the southern province of Yunnan, the province that borders Tibet and has just as much charm and cultural diversity.

Of course--this is all an estimation. We have about 4 weeks and our Chinese salaries to live off of--so we'll see what happens! The fun of the Southeast Asia trek is that there is so much that you discover along the way--so many possibilities and wonderous things to see--and so planning for it is at best a guess! It's incredibly difficult to pack for a trip like this! Especially to fill a bag with tank tops and short sleeves when the weather here requires thick sweaters and long johns! The relief is that there are great clothes that can be found at the markets of Thailand...so I'm guessing I'll be fine!

Please keep Katera, Megan and I in your Thoughts during the next few weeks. I'm sure I'll be able to update from time to time when I escape into a web bar! And....ok....I'll throw in only one gloat for today....enjoy your cold weather!!!