Thursday, January 24, 2008

Please Pray

Jeremy McGill is one of my fellow teachers at my University in Wuhan (there are 3 of us--me, Jeremy and Adam). We've become quite close as he lives right below me and he's my partner for all of our recording sessions.

As we all prepared to leave town for the long break between semesters, Jeremy found a cheap flight to Yunnan--the province beside of Tibet. He decided to travel alone and we were all pretty excited for him because the area is beautiful and it's supposed to be a great place to visit.

I received an email last night with prayer request for Jeremy: Jeremy was gored by an elephant while he was trying to take a picture of it. He was taken to surgery and though the surgery went well--the latest update says that he's not done well through the night and is in critical condition. His lungs are badly damaged among many other issues.

The US Embassy has sent two doctors to check on him and a few administrators from our school are preparing to fly out and see him--in addition to two brothers from our Family.

Please lift up Jeremy in your prayers. He's an incredible guy--at only the age of 30 he has been arrested, traveled to Europe, lost a family, hitchhiked across America, written a book about it, found God, and then moved to China to do the Work that we do. He's been a bodyguard and a brother to me and I've been blessed to have him as a teammate and neighbor.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Keep us posted. We'll be praying for sure.

FranP said...

i'm praying hard. asking our family here to pray also.

love you, mom

Jonathan said...

I can't believe that happened. I'll be praying for him. Keep me up to date.

Anonymous said...

He's definitely in my prayers as well.