Saturday, September 20, 2008

America, land that I love...

What I LOVED during my summer in America: Signage 

Here in China, we like to laugh when we find funny signs with ridiculous Chinglish translations. Having been so tuned to search for such hilarities, I found plenty while in America to keep me amused. Maybe China isn't so backwards after all!

A little late afternoon shopping....very late afternoon!

Death dates? For once you've made your casket purchase? 

I know what this means--but it's still funny to me!

Please notice the hot dog shooting Custard with an arrow!

ESCAPE from Dinosaur Kingdom: Taking a bite out of time!

The sign isn't actually funny--it's just funny that places like this make $$.

And it did rock!

FOAMHENGE: an EXACT replica of Stonehenge made out of...wait for it...FOAM! (We didn't pay to get close enough for a better pic.)

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

didn't the natural bridge collapse?

Unknown said...

nope--it's still standing strong. But I think that there are probably several. This one is in Virginia and was once owned by Thomas Jefferson. Fun fact: you can still see the initials of George Washington carved in the side of the rock. It was one of his favorite day trips.