Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloweens Past

 A look back through the years...

Our mom is a pumkin carvin genius--see the "Halloween" spelled out in the smile.

1987--I'm the clown in blue
I'm guessing this is 1988

1989--I am the King of Rock n Roll. In China, Elvis is known as the "King of Cats"

Laura and Dylan same year


At the Sigmon's--I'm guessing around 1991?



The year we got creative with abstract costumes: Laura is the cow, I am a grandfather clock, Dylan is a #2 Pencil.

The abstraction continues: Dylan as Crest Toothpaste


Halloween during my chubby years: 1996

Pics of Halloween Present will come soon....

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Those are great! Very creative costumes. Elvis is my favorite!!! So what happens on Halloween over in China?

zamy said...

lol This is great! Halloween is so much fun, especially when you get creative and find things around the house to conjure up an awesome outfit!
Baby Lucy is sooo cute!

Dylan said...

what were you and Laura in '91? Princess Leia?

I had forgotten about Laura's cow costume. We finally put some of those gateway boxes to use.

Unknown said...

Dyl--i was still an angel but had wear a turtleneck under my outfit. I THINK Laura was Medusa and had plastic snakes all in her hair!

Unknown said...

Sunny and Amy--thanks for the compliments--they go directly to my mom! She was really good at making it soooo much fun to make our own costumes out of our arts and crafts stuff lying around the house! Halloween costume-making are some of my favorite memories!