Friday, May 8, 2009

Mi Casa

So these pics are incredibly late in coming...but better late than never. I have a lot of posts in mind to update on here...haven't had internet in my apt for about 2 weeks! After a long and ridiculously drawn out ordeal, I finally have it back! Anyway, stay tuned in the next few days for updates about my life! Until then--these are pics of what my apartment looks like after 2 years living here. It's been pretty much the same all year....these pics are just being posted late! Enjoy!


LIVING ROOM 1: BEFORE

LIVING ROOM: AFTER
The "wallpaper" is actually wrapping paper that I bought in America last summer....about $8 for the amount on these wall. It's held up w/double sided tape. The colors are a robin's egg/tealish blue and copperish brown.

The school gave us a bookcase this year...and cushions for our chairs.

LIVING ROOM 2: BEFORE

LIVING ROOM 2: AFTER

On the wall is a painting I bought in Laos and framed is an antique ad poster I found in Beijing. I got it framed for about US$7.

I brought acrylic paint in the US that matched the color of my wrapping paper to decorate accent pieces. Here are some candles that I painted while watching movies one day...

HALL/LIVING ROOM
Again using the paint from America to decorate plain frames to tie in with the wrapping paper. These frames were about US$1.50 each...found here. The pics are some favorites from my travels...Paris, Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, and China.

This is a beautiful antique wooden hanging that I found in Yangshuo and had to buy. It's probably my favorite purchase from China...

figuring out how to space everything at the beginning of this year.


KITCHEN: BEFORE

KITCHEN: AFTER
Not many changes here--the school removed our gas heat so we only have an electric eye to cook with--and I bought some shelves for my ingredients...




The bottom is my "oven." It's one of the largest oven options found in China...not many ppl use them so it's rare to find them in kitchens. Mine was inherited from other Americans who bought it years ago and passed it on when they moved back to the States.

BATHROOM: BEFORE

BATHROOM: AFTER
We returned from the summer in America to these AMAZING GLISTENING bathrooms with BRAND NEW SHOWERS!!! We definitely have the nicest bathrooms in all of Wuhan! Notice the three spray options for the faucet: handheld, side spray, and what I call the "overhead waterfall/rain music video" showerhead. The new tile makes a huge difference too.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Your place looks great! I think that the most dramatic change is your bathroom! Wow!!! I love how you've made your home yours.

FranP said...

thanks for sharing these photos. it helps to put things in perspective. How we agonized about that wall last summer!!! I looked at so many wallpaper patterns online! The wrapping paper worked out great!

Gonna get your brother graduated tomorrow. Hurrah!