Friday, April 25, 2008

Hoping to be caught in the middle.

The greatest two temptations in China:

1. Thinking that it's enough to just BE in China.

2. Thinking that it's NOT enough to just be in China.

The concept of yin and yang are central to the Chinese world view. It's all about balance between light and dark or hot and cold...they don't seem to think of it in terms of good or evil...it's more about fire and water--both are parts of our world, both require balance to create life. Somewhere during the past year, this focus on balance has become central to my own personal development while here. Now that I have been able to see how it's changed so many of my approaches to things, I am now beginning to see how often I lose that balance, get thrown off my equilibrium and flail about with arms waving spastic in the air before the fall and the crash.

Grrr...sometimes there's so little that I can say online from where I am.

The point is: I need Guidance and Energy to live somewhere in that tension between #1 and #2. Please keep me in your Thoughts...and I'll tell you how it all continues to work out when I come home! I continue to state that I am so "LUCKY" to be here learning these lessons. I can't tell you all how deeply I cherish my life here....Love to you all!

No comments: