Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shots of Wuhan Spring

There are 65 days until I return to the US for summer vacation. It's strange knowing that these two months will drag on slowly while the two months that I am home will fly by! I am not counting down the days all that much--I'm so blessed to be here that I'm trying to be completely in the moment. But, it is exciting to think about seeing everyone so soon!

Life keeps chugging along--I'm working on turning my apartment into a home, reaching out to students and friends and staying on top of lesson planning and laundry and dishes.

Here are some recent photos--and if you want to see more (as well as a lot that have been posted here through the months) all in one place, you can click on this link for my "Me and China Day-to-Day" photo album.

The alley leading to my apt on a rainy April afternoon

Fancy "beef steak" dinner in honor of Virginia's visiting momma


Easter at Dida--Me and Virginia (and Matt...and Sparkie)

The Waigoren gang on Easter--I love our group!!!!

Some of my freshmen students

for sale...EVERYWHERE

"Classy Night" at the revolving restaurant in honor of Johnny's 25th birthday--I gave him a copy of Jeremy's book.

Sara and I on Classy Night (my classy dress is getting alot of action in my pics!)

Yultuz, me, and Kunduz in the Fabric Market--the story of which I'll share once I pick up the dresses I'm having made--so we'll all know the end of the story together!

Tina from Dida, the twins and me going crazy in the Fabric Market

Playing with the springtime chicks for sale on the street. His name is Hamblin Frederick Johnson.

5 comments:

FranP said...

Did you bring that chick home with you?

Love all the pics!

Adrienne Ewing said...

I might frame the picture of you and the chick.

LaLa said...

Oh I miss Wuhan! I am going over to check out your pics all together : )

zamy said...

Lucy you are rockin' that dress girl! You are clearly not only beautiful on the inside but also on the outside!
I love and miss you lots!

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Ahh....baby thats a very cute picture of you, but I think Hamblin Frederick Johnson is a duckling not a chick. Hehe miss ya bunches!

Tim