Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Off to the Orphanage!

Ok--assuming that these plans actually WORK OUT--I'm leaving early tomorrow (Thursday) morning to head off to an orphanage in Hunan about 6 hours away!! I'm so excited--our goal is just to share love and joy with the kids for several days. I'll be sure to take lots of pics for all of you! Please keep us in your Thoughts!

A few more pics for you from today: I finally gave in and got my hair chemically straightened!! The humidity here is just sooo bad that it wouldn't stay straight but wouldn't curl right either--it's basically just been turning into a big mass of frizz each day (like Monica in the Friends episodes at the Bahamas). Virginia and I had a lot of fun trying to get our hair done without ANY translation done--it's amazing what can be accomplished with hand symbols and basic drawings (case in point: I drew a corkscrew curl and then put a big X through it--then drew a straight line with a smiley face beside it)!
I'm looking pretty nervous!

I'm pleased with the results!

Virginia and I passed this couple on the street and were SO THRILLED with their t-shirts that I chased them down so we could get a pic! They say "Falling in Love, He is my boyfriend!" and "Falling in Love, She is my girlfriend!" Sooo cute! What do you think, Tim? Can we get some??

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Sending good thoughts your way as you travel to bless those children who you know have a special place in my heart