Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Henan Orphanage Trip











We had a great weekend with the children in Henan (not Hunan--my mistake). It was exhausting but fun. The kids all have really beautiful spirits--and though it's rough to know that they don't get fruit or milk each day, that they get meat maybe twice a month, that they live in old buildings without heat or a/c, that there are not nearly enough adults there to give them individual attention or love...we were still blessed to spend some time with them. The Chinese students who came on the trip had gathered clothes to give the kids, the group bought them toys and fruit, snacks and school supplies, and gave enormous amounts of love. At first I was sad that I couldn't talk to the kids--but then was reminded, as always, that love always translates. If you want to see more pics, you can view my album HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great, what an amazing experience. Would you mind if I posted a picture of the little girl in the red shirt on my web page? She looks like an older version of my daughter. I will like your site also if that is OK? Do you know what happens to the children after they leave the orphanage? That is one thing I have always wondered about, but no one really gives you a good answer.

Anonymous said...

Sorry,

I will LINK your site, not LIKE your site...lol