Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Momma!!!

Sure, I miss deli sandwiches, Kroger, driving, non-polluted blue skies, movie theaters, soft clothes still warm from the dryer, radio, Chili's, Sunday mornings at ch_ch, cheese, bagels, orbit gum, the english alphabet, delivery pizza, ovens, mint ice cream, must-see tv, evening news, unfettered internet access, the couch, Nashville as a whole, pro football (esp the Titans), american clothes sizes, bookstores, libraries, air conditioning and heating...

But more than anything else, I miss you! 

However, I know without a doubt that it is you who equipped me to follow my Father and come here. I know that it is you who still gives me the strength and courage to brave the hard days here. I know that it is you who always reminds me to relax and let my Father take care of my future. I know that I couldn't be here if it weren't for you.

I love that my arms and hands are the exact same as yours. I know that it sounds weird, but sometimes I look down at my forearms, wrists and hands and it makes me miss yours. I love that sometimes I laugh like you. I love that I have some of your same gestures. I love that I dabble in painting the way you used to--you going to oil or watercolor painting classes when I was in kindergarten... I love that I go to art museums because you did, that I listen to classical music because you did, cook with olive oil because you did. 

But more than anything, I love that I love my Father because you did. I love that I have grown up in the light of your faith. I love that the Strength that you always held onto while we were growing up is the Strength that I know how to cling to too, the Strength that brought me here and that gets me through the days of missing you and everything else.

So I hope you have a great day today! I'll have to count on Dylan to make it special for you! I promise that in 43 days I'll be able to make up for not being there today! Until then, Happy Mother's Day Momma!

3 comments:

FranP said...

Thank you, my sweet girl. You have made my day with this post and with your voice mails. sorry that I missed your calls. I love that you followed the road to China that was set before you and have opened your heart and home to the people of that country. I love your sense of adventure and sense of service. And I love that you are coming home to me soon! I love you. Momma

Adrienne Ewing said...

You just made me tear up at work. I guess that's what I get for reading your blog at work. By the way, isn't it crazy that the city behind your picture with your mom is where I live?

jiajia said...

Reading this make me feel a little homesick too. Here, once I met some troubles, I always thought about Lucy in China.