Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Last days of travel

I'm spending my last night in Germany...trying to stay up late so I can sleep through the flight. Tomorrow I land in NYC to spend some time w/my dear friends Adrienne and Marcus, then finally home to Tennessee this weekend!

So far, I traveled to:
Xinjiang, China (Urumqi, Turpan, Kashgar)
Tibet, China (Lhasa, Namtso Lake, Shigatse, Gyanste, Shegar, Mount Everest Base Camp, Old Tingri, Zhangmu, etc)
Kathmandu, Nepal
Frankfurt, Germany (also Mainz, Germany on a day trip)
Dublin, Ireland
London, England

I've taken 10 flights so far, with 3 more to go (I have a layover on the flight from NYC to TN). It's been a lot of up and down time in the air.

I can't believe that this epic journey has gone so well, and I still can't believe that it actually happened! I've been on the road for almost 2 months and am happy to be on my way back home.

No comments: